If a business is to be a corporation, a certificate of incorporation must be filed with the Office of the Secretary of State.

Registration Application

The Registration Application allows for several registrations to be made with the same form.

Franchise Tax Registration

A newly formed corporation must register with the Franchise Tax Division of the Mississippi State Tax Commission within 60 days after it receives its charter of incorporation.

Employee's Withholding Exemption Certificate

Each employee must fill out and give to his employer, at the beginning of his employment, a withholding exemption certificate.

Sales Tax

Businesses that are required to pay sales tax should register to do so with the Mississippi State Tax Commission.

Workers Compensation

The worker’s compensation program provides income to employees who are injured on the job and pays medical expenses resulting from work oriented injury.

Status Report Form UC-I

The state unemployment compensation program provides income to employees who lose their job through no fault of their own.

Safety and Health Standards

The Division of Occupational Safety and Health of the Mississippi State Board of Health will help state businesses meet federal safety and health standards by providing on-site surveys and consultations.

Special Licenses

The office of the Secretary of State can direct businesses to state agencies that may require special licenses, permits and other types of certification.