An employee must fill out and give Form W-4 to his employer when he begins his/her employment. This form guides the employer in determining how much Federal Income Tax to withhold from wages. Internal Revenue Service's Employer's Tax Guide Circular E provides Federal Income Tax Withholding Tables.


Internal Revenue Service
U. S. Treasury Department
1-800-829-3676 (Forms)
1-800-829-1040 (General tax information)